Sunday, April 11, 2010

Moving Out

I have always said that I would move Jack to his crib when he is 3 months old. He is 3 months and 3 days...and I just can't bring myself to move him out of our room. Call me crazy (I probably am) but I feel some serious anxiety when he isn't sleeping next to me.

We attempted the move last night. Jack fell asleep in his crib at 9pm and Tyson and I watched the movie "Up in the Air." By midnight we were ready to call it a night. Tyson went to bed while I took care of the dogs' needs. By the time I got up to our bedroom, my head was reeling. "There is NO way I am ready for this tonight," I thought. I tried to put it out of my mind as I brushed my teeth...but then I peeked into the nursery and caught a glimpse of my little guy sound asleep. Something came over me and the tears streamed down my face. I don't know if it was anxiety about him being away from me or the feeling that he may not need me like he once did. I walked back to our room and looked down at the empty co-sleeper...sobs. No joke, I was crying - HARD. Tyson looked at me in shock. After explaining that I just wasn't ready...Ty told me to go get him. So I did. He never woke up... Well, he didn't wake up until 2:30 and then, again, at 6.

We will try it again...maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow night...maybe when he's 4. (kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!