Monday, July 25, 2011

Krispie Chicken

I do not profess to be a good cook. I don't necessarily enjoy cooking/baking, etc - so I do what I have to do to keep the family fed. That being said - my Aunt Debbie IS a good cook and I swiped this recipe from her before Jack was born.  I had a craving for it tonight and I'm glad I made it.

This is both Tyson AND Jack approved -  and it WILL be made again (and again) in the Becker household! Go ahead and add it to your dinner rotation. You won't be disappointed.

What you need:
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used less)
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 cup butter (recommend a little more, I ran out)
1 package of chicken breasts cut in strips (I made 10 + strips)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a plastic bag. Use something heavy to crush the cereal - Jack wanted to stomp on it, but we went ahead and used a rolling pin. Add dry mixture to a bowl. In a separate bowl - melt the butter. Dip chicken in butter and roll in dry mixture. Place in a greased baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

**Jack was a BIG fan and signed for "more" 3 or 4 times during our meal. When the kid eats - I'm a happy mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!