Friday, September 20, 2013

Thanks a lot, Doc McStuffins!

This post is dedicated to Doc McStuffins. I have a bone to pick with you, little girl. You see, you have given my son a false sense of reality when it comes to doctor visits.

(PS: I totally know I'm in Helicopter-Mom-Mode right now)

Here is what happened: I told Jack he was going to the doctor and he thought he was coming to see you. That was not actually the case.
Jack was excited about all aspects of his check-up. For that, I'm actually thankful. He was all grins and giggles. He jumped up on the scale, stood tall for his height measurement, and listened intently as I spoke with the doctor about all of his milestones. Before the doctor left he piped up, "Do I get a shot now?" The doctor looked at me for help before answering, "Well, yes...the nurse will be back with your shot." While we waited Jack had lots of questions. One of them was: "Why do I only get one shot and Josie gets four?" I tried to prepare him - "it might pinch a little" - while cursing myself for all those times I smiled and said, "Thanks! Now I feel better" when we were playing doctor and he gave me a shot.
Look how happy he was! When the nurse came in with his shot - he hopped on the table. She gave him the shot and he flinched. I saw him waiver between laughing and crying - so I squealed with excitement: "YOU WERE SO BRAVE!!!" He smiled and hopped down. Phew.

Josie received four shots and didn't have quite the same reaction. As a matter of fact, she stared the nurse down as she was walking out. Overall, we had a great visit! Although, later that night I asked Jack if he wanted to get shots at the doctor's office again and he quickly told me: NO! I have a feeling our next visit may not be as cheerful.

Here were the stats on the kids:

Jack: 39 inches tall, 36 pounds. That's 50% for height and 75% for weight. We'll take it...

Josie: 30 inches tall, 29 pounds. That's 50% for height and 85% for weight. She has really slimmed down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!