Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers

I was in Warsaw these past few days to be with my mom. She had a biopsy on a lump in one of her breasts and we learned yesterday that it is cancer. Obviously, not the news we were hoping for. Fortunately, she found it herself (high five for self examinations - guys should do them too!!!) and they caught it early. It is small and we hope it can be removed with a lumpectomy and then 5 weeks of radiation. We are all a bit nervous. The unknown is always the scariest part of something like this...but we will stay positive and help mom stay positive. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Jack loves all of his grandparents and wants them with him for a LONG, LONG time.

4 comments:

  1. Shirlee-Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Love, Nancy and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. God can heal and prayer is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate any and all prayers .. I have to stay positive and be around for my little Jack and many more future grandchildren.... Our lives take us down many paths and this is just one with a few tough curves... I am a deeply spirtual person so I trust that God is with me He will lead me where he wants me to go. I like these pictures of me and Jack... I hate my picture taken but these are decent. Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirlee - I am thinking about you. Kady and I had a really nice talk about our parents a few weeks ago at the zoo. It's so comforting to see friends and family rally around you during difficult times. You have a great family, and they will make sure you come out on top.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!