Sunday, September 16, 2012

Daycare Disease (x3)

Daycare Disease has made a comeback. After Grandma Shirlee stayed home with Josie, she came down with it. She sounded awful…and stayed in bed for a few days fighting it off. That's what you call "taking one for the team."

Monday evening I started feeling pretty lousy. I thought it was a sinus infection and prescribed myself routine Neti Pot rinses, along with plenty of fluids & an occasional Tylenol. Then on Thursday morning when I woke up, I discovered it had settled in my chest. I battled through the day at school and that night went to our local RediMed. I was told it was an "upper respiratory infection." The doctor gave me some meds and I came home to write sub plans. By 10pm I'd convinced myself I'd see how I felt in the morning (fellow teachers understand this…I'd almost rather be at school sick than write sub plans - TORTURE). 

Anyway, I woke up Friday feeling a little better and committed to going to work. Unfortunately, Jack woke up with a fever. This time it was Grandpa Denny to the rescue.

Just waiting on the doc...

Jack and I spent some time at the RediMed Saturday - my THIRD visit in less than two weeks. Thankfully, it wasn't an ear infection…just "something viral." Awesome.

I'm hoping someone in the billing department at RediMed looks at our three visits and thinks, "Oh surely this can't be right…three people in the same family?!?!"  Hey RediMed, give us a few more days and we'll send Tyson to make it 4 for 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!