Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hilger's not Heelger's

We ventured to Hilger's Farm yesterday for some Fall Fun. We thought we'd get pumpkins, but it turns out the best selection for those is Meijer/WalMart/Kroger, etc. The poor farmers got hit from corn to pumpkins this year. Not good.
 Josie took it all in. She was loving it!
 Jack ran through the corn maze, took a hayride, and saw some farm animals.

 Happy Halloween!!
By the time we got home - Josie was completely wiped. Too much fun for her!

And let me explain the title. Anyone who knows me - knows that I am THE WORST with directions. Whoever invented GPS had ME in mind when they did it. Swear. Anyway - yesterday Tyson drove us to Hilger's. We drove down County Line Road to 30 and he got in the Left Turn lane. I spoke up and said, "I think you need to go right." Nope. He took a left. We entered Columbia City before he finally agreed that he was driving the wrong way. Then he claimed that he thought I meant "Heelger's" not "Hilger's" and that "Heelger's" is in Columbia City. All the while…I was pretty excited that FOR ONCE in my ENTIRE life - I had been right about directions. It was a moment in history that needed to be recorded (on the blog) for the future. (PS: for those not familiar with Fort Wayne pumpkin patches - there is no such place as "Heelger's")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!