Monday, December 17, 2012

Jack and Josephine


I don't want to say too much about the tragedy that occurred on Friday. I will say that it has changed my outlook on education, changed my perspective on parenting, and made me realize the blessings I have both at home & at school. I love my own children TO DEATH. Like any other parent I know - I would give my life for my kids without hesitation. But I also love my students TO DEATH...and like the teachers on Friday and the people I am lucky enough to teach with - I would give my life for my students, too. It is our job to teach them, but it is also our job to protect them. I pray we never face another event so devastating. I will go school today with a heavy heart and remind my students that school is a safe place...because it is.

I will never forget what happened on Friday. Ever. I will never forget the sweet faces of those 20 kids. Two of them with the same names as my own children: Jack & Josephine. God bless all of them and their grieving families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!