Thursday, June 13, 2013

On the Move

If you are thinking: Kady, where have you been? You're not alone. I'm wondering that myself, actually. Our lives are in the midst of being thrown into a tailspin and I feel like I'm just along for the ride. I'm actually in charge of "the ride" and it's about to get CRAZY.

We are moving. Again.

Our house is JUST about to go on the market and Tyson is starting his new job on MONDAY! Yes, as in - 4 days from now.

So there are some obvious questions:

Where are you moving? We are heading back to Metro-Detroit.

Why? Tyson has been offered a new position with General Motors and he is REALLY excited about it! He'll be doing marketing for their "connected vehicle" program. It's really a perfect fit for him and his future career path.

Where will you live? We will be living in a rental in Ann Arbor this summer. And while we're there we will be hunting for houses. We are looking in a few different areas: Birmingham, Beverly Hills, Northville, and Ann Arbor.

Are you guys crazy? Yes, we might actually be… Or at least once this is finished we might be. I'm considering writing a book on how to move. Because, let's be honest, I've done it once or twice (or 6 times)

Will you get a job? That is yet to be determined. I loved having my classroom this year. It was chaotic at times, but it was a great fit for me. That being said, I've done the "job search" thing a lot (I could also write a book on that) and I'm not sure I want to go down that path at this moment. Finding a job is hard. Finding a job in Michigan is even harder. I've applied at various places and if something comes along, I'll be happy. If something doesn't come along, I will figure out my purpose and I'll be happy.

How are your families feeling about this? Everyone is sad we are leaving, but excited for our new endeavors. Tyson won "Son of the Year" when he told his mom we were moving on Mother's Day. Poor Nancy. It will be a hard move for all of us, but we aren't THAT far away. (3ish hours)

Are you seriously going to raise your children in Wolverine Country? No worries - our children will always be the ones sporting their Cream & Crimson  - in a sea of Green & White and Maize & Blue. They will hear the IU fight song every night before bed, just as they have since the day they were born.   They may have been born in Michigan and have a Michigan address - but they will always be Hoosiers are heart.

So that's the NEWS from the Becker House. Which, by the way, is for sale…if anyone would like to buy it.


2 comments:

  1. you can do it!!!

    get sponsors and blog/write for a living.
    (typing one handed is hard!!)\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you guys are upgrading! RO to AA/Northville/Birmingham/Beverley Hills!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!