Tuesday, January 20, 2015

33 Years

 This past weekend the Beckers arrived in Northville from Indiana AND Idaho! I'd like to say that they all came JUST to celebrate my birthday - but in reality Devin just happened to be passing through Detroit. He needed to meet Nolan and the timing worked out perfectly!
Josie never misses an opportunity to entertain. Luckily for her - she can always find a captive audience in her grandparents.
We watched Jack play in his first indoor soccer game. It was...ummm, interesting?!? He did well, but was lacking some focus on the court. I will give him credit for having LOTS of energy.
Saturday night we got a babysitter and headed out for an ADULT ONLY meal. I can't even tell you how excited I was for this. Like - WAAAAY TOO excited. Pretty sure my father-in-law thinks I need to get out more. But here's the thing...wine, sushi, adult conversation, an uninterrupted meal... These are things most people just take for granted. Not me. This is a delicacy. A rarity. I embraced it. I loved it.


See that face? That's the face of one PUMPED mom. For MI peeps - we ate at Shiro in Novi and it was really delicious!
So great having Devin there with us! We missed Kristin - but she isn't traveling these days...since our niece is about to be born (due Feb 19th)!!! We miss the Idaho Beckers. Hope they move east soon.
After we relieved the babysitter (who was stellar) - we ate some cake and called it a night.
My 32nd year of life was pretty amazing. I grew my little business to just the right size and I became a mom for the 3rd time. Really excited to see what the next year holds for me... hopefully more nights out so I don't seem so lame on my 34th birthday. :)

Special THANKS to all the people who sent me some love on my birthday. I love hearing from so many people on that day. Throughout my life I've been blessed to cross paths with so many amazing people...whether it was elementary school, studying abroad, or partying in a frat house...I've made new friends in Michigan, while holding on to some of my best friends from birth, elementary school, high school, college, and grad school. I have an amazing family (original and through marriage). I know I am very blessed in love, friendship, and family. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!