Thursday, January 24, 2013

Man of the Year

Right after my parents went back to Florida (after Christmas) we received an email letting us know that my Dad had been named "Man of the Year" for Kosciusko County. It's a great recognition for all of the time he has dedicated back to the community! Luckily, Dad was already coming back to Warsaw for work - so mom and I concocted a "white lie" to tell him so Mom could come home, too. We told him she was coming to a program for Jack & Josie at their school. Kind of a stretch, but it worked.
Last night we drove to Warsaw to see Dad win the award. He was pretty surprised and it was fun to be there with him!
A fellow Hanover College Alum was in attendance…you may have heard of him - Governor Mike Pence. I really wanted to pull him aside and say, "Hey, Mike - let's talk education…got a minute??" But I'm pretty sure he didn't… He was in and out pretty quickly.
And because I know the real reason you're here - a picture of Jack & Josie. Jack needs a haircut. Never good when you can rock a (TALL) mohawk in the bathtub.

Congrats, again, to my Dad! We are all so proud of you and - although you may not believe it - we know it is VERY much deserved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!