Monday, February 16, 2015

Nerd Alert

So last Thursday - when Jack asked me what we were going to do that day...I didn't know. It was cold and I didn't feel like spending money to entertain my children. Don't get me wrong, we throw a lot of money into entertaining them...but sometimes I just want to go someplace that is FREE and watch them have fun. Easy to do in the summer/spring/fall. HARD to do in the middle of a Polar Vortex.
We ended up at the Novi Library. Not our home library, but still part of our library network. Change of scenery, new toys...win/win.
Both of my kids love to read, but Jack has a harder time (when we are at home) just sitting and being still to look at books. The library had Starwars books. Huge hit.
Josie will sit and look at books throughout the day at home. She loves to study the pictures.
And Nolan? Well, because he was tucked in cozy in his carseat - he got in a solid THIRTY minute nap.  Over the weekend Tyson said, "Someday Jack & Nolan's ability to not require a lot of sleep will serve them well in their lives." That "someday" is NOT today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!