Friday, October 2, 2009

Nancy, prepare the manual!

I have requested that my mother-in-law forward me the manual she used to raise Tyson - especially as a toddler. Before we were married his family enjoyed popping in old holiday movies - mainly to point out JUST how "active" Tyson was as a child. It seems we could be in for the same "active" Baby Boy.

Yesterday was my 23 week appointment. It was quick and easy - except when it came to finding Checker's heartbeat. I didn't panic - as I would have a couple months ago - because ALL day I had felt him squirming around in there. My doctor searched for a good 5 minutes...periodically coming across his heartbeat, only to lose it a second later when he decided to MOVE. This happened 4 or 5 times. Finally she got him to hold still long enough to get the rate and said, "Well, he's in the high 150's/low 160's." Having a thorough Google education on baby's heart rates - I asked if that was "normal" for a boy. She laughed and said, "Well - ummm, it's normal for a very ACTIVE boy." I laughed, but in the back of my mind all I could see were the videos of Tyson jumping off beds and putting his head into the camera lens to make a face.

Then again - maybe he is the next Michael Phelps - just swimming some laps in his pool of amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!