Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cute Sh!t vs. Sh!t

So, I learned a valuable Craft Show lesson today. People like to buy sh!t. Unfortunately for me and my partners in crime...they don't necessarily like to buy cute sh!t. Or perhaps we were a tad on the ritzy side for a "craft show." But seriously, since when did hats for your spare toilet paper roll qualify as a craft? And who buys that?

We waited and waited for Detroit's version of Nancy Becker to come walking in the door. (aka: the Grandma who can't get enough of all things "CUTE!")...however, she never showed. I know there have to be other Nancy's out there... :)

Soooo, not an overly successful day. However, as I told Tyson, I do my crafting for my own enjoyment. I honestly find stress-relief in crafting...so for me, it isn't a total bust.

However, I will take a moment to "push" my friends' crafts, because I think they are utterly adorable and my blog followers tend to have really good taste. If you are searching for GREAT Christmas/Hanukkah/Birthday gifts for a little girl in your life...check the posts below (and tell them Jack sent you).

I also want to remind shoppers that Etsy offers REALLY unique and cute (there I said it) items that are HANDMADE! You can even "shop local" - which I love. If you haven't taken time to browse around this site, I definitely recommend it...but be warned, it's addicting!


SIDENOTE: When selling at a craft show - always choose a space in the gym. The cafeteria and/or hallway do not get good traffic. (that was a free tip, you're welcome)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!