Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's a Clevenger Thing...

Today, despite being tired...having great football games on the TV...and it being my last day of vacation - I "de-Christmased" my house. While Jack napped, Tyson and I took down the tree and the inside decorations. Then, despite REALLY cold temperatures, I ventured outside to "de-Christmas" some more. Tyson gave me the side-eye and asked why I needed to "de-Christmas" at 4:30 in the afternoon. It was a fair question.

I can look at a "hand-wash only" sweater sitting in my laundry room for weeks...or dust bunnies in the corner for days - but when Christmas is over, the decorations MUST come down ASAP. It's a Clevenger Thing. For as long as I can remember my Dad has put the Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving and taken it down New Years Day or the day after (depending on consumption level on New Years Eve). It's unheard of to leave them up into the middle of January...and a cardinal SIN to leave them up year-round.

So Christmas 2010 is packed away and we will move ahead in 2011. Happy New Year!

UPDATE: My grandparents actually "de-Christmased" ON Christmas Day this year! Now that is some serious no-nonsense!

1 comment:

  1. I always have to de-Christmas the day (or 2) after New Year's too! I hate it and it makes me sad but I do it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!