Monday, January 10, 2011

Parenting a Parent

I feel compelled to write this post to WARN my pregnant friends/future parents, to allow others who share my frustrations to vent, and to educate the "already parents/grandparents/great-grandparents" that frequent this blog...

Today while leaving the grocery store with Jack, a nice man (I thought he was nice) walked up to me as I was strapping Jack into his car seat. (sidenote: I was kissing Jack and talking to him leading up to this)

Man: Excuse me...
Kady: Yes?
Man: Where is his HAT? (very annoyed look on his face)
Kady: He ISN'T wearing one TODAY. (stink eye)
Man: (raises eyebrows and shakes his head in disgust)
Kady: Mind your own business. (as he is walking away)

Cue: MOM RAGE.

Are you kidding me? I am strapping my son INTO his car seat. I am talking to him and kissing him. I am not a bad mother. Do not make me feel guilty. Was my child's life in danger? NO. Was I hurting him? NO. Does he need a hat? Probably... But is it your place, Mr. Stranger, to parent ME? NO!

Mr. Stranger...Do you yell at mothers who smoke with their children in the car? What about parents who feed their kids McDonalds every day? Or parents who take zero interest in their child's education? Please direct your "parenting of parents" at someone in need of advice.

And be warned...next time I will not be polite. I have an arsenal of snide remarks for the next "Mr. Stranger."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!