Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just to clarify...

I never owned nor have I ever driven a Pontiac Aztek. I say this because the other night I received a phone call from my family. They were confused as to when I owned one. I NEVER owned one. I never said I did. I mentioned "this little beauty" (and it was a link to my Avalanche post back in September). Come on, family...get with it.

There is no "Shot of Jack" today because he was in a lousy mood and NO ONE would want to see the pathetically sad faces he was making most of the night. He comes home EXHAUSTED from daycare. I'm pretty sure it would be in everyone's best interest if he went to bed at 6:30. I just can't bring myself to do it. I guess I'd rather suffer through the cries.

Finally, one of my first graders yelled out the "s-word" during class today. Hilarious. I know that isn't supposed to be a teacher's reaction...but it was innocent. He is a good kid and he learned the word on the bus. Pretty sure my jaw was on the floor and my eyes were as big as saucers. The entire classroom was quiet when it happened. And it was a valuable lesson in teaching for me, too. Never say, "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?", because Lord knows - it will be repeated. The kids had no reaction...except for one little boy who quietly asked, "Isn't that a bad word?" Love that first grade innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!