Saturday, February 19, 2011

A little game I play...

Being part of "the working world" requires the daily commute. I'm fortunate that mine is fairly easy. I listen to a great Morning Radio Show that provides mind-numbing stupidity - just what I need before embarking on a day with 7 year olds. Jack is my backseat driver and he remains pretty quiet on the drive. To spice things up I have a little game I like to play. It's called: I SPY A PONTIAC AZTEK.

If you are unfamiliar with this car...here is a picture for you.
It is "special" because it can do this:
Boo-yah. Okay, so why do I play this game?

I truly believe that Metro Detroit is the final resting place for these cars...once voted into "The 50 Worst Cars of All-Time" by TIME magazine. The reporter of the article said:

"I was in the audience at the Detroit auto show the day GM unveiled the Pontiac Aztek and I will never forget the gasp that audience made. Holy hell! This car could not have been more instantly hated if it had a Swastika tattoo on its forehead." - Dan Neil

Back to my game...I do not judge these cars or anyone who chooses to drive one. Remember I once drove this little beauty - which I admitted was NOT an attractive vehicle. However, the Aztek is easy to spot on the road and I count how many I see on my 14 mile (round trip) commute. My average is 4-5 per day. However, yesterday I had a record day and saw 8. EIGHT Pontiac Azteks in one day!

Seriously, try it out for a day and report back how many you see. I'm 100% sure Metro-Detroit has more Azteks than any other city in America.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!