Thursday, August 2, 2012

Last Day of Summer Break

Today was my last day as an official Stay-At-Home-Mom…I say that, but most of you know that I haven't ever been an "official" SAHM. It's all been very unofficial.

My students don't come until August 15th - but I have OH.SO.MUCH to do to get ready for the school year. Jack & Josie start daycare/school full-time tomorrow. I'm kind of sad about this. Not just because we will be paying an arm & a leg (and another arm)…but it's a little sad knowing that from now on, I'm a "working(outside the home)" mom. The nice thing about education - I will always have my breaks with my kids and I will always have summers with them, too.

Anyway - in celebration of our last day of summer - we decided to visit the Zoo. It was a last minute decision…mostly because Jack has been feeling so crummy. But the Carstens were able to join us and that made it a really fun trip!
This was my first adventure using the wagon with both kids. Now that Josie is an official "sitter" - it worked perfectly!
 The boys spent time playing in the sprinklers. I can't say I blamed them - it was hot!
In the Farm area - Maddox searched the bee hive for the Queen Bee. AND FOUND HER! It was pretty exciting!
Before we left, we spent some time with the goats. Josie didn't know what to think of them. Jack treated them like one of his dogs.

That's it.
So long random trips to Target and cat naps during nap time. So long visits to the park and afternoon dips in the pool. No more sleeping in to 8am. No more Summer Shandy at lunch…wait…

So long SUMMER! Bring on Kindergarten!

2 comments:

  1. You get little sympathy from me, mama :) Kididng aside, you will all do great! Even though it's super hard, I'm amazed at all of the things that A learns and does at daycare by being around other kids (and adults) that she wouldn't if she was just home with me every day. I tell myself she'll someday be a better student and friend and kid by having the opportunity to develop certain skills early. The same will be true for your kids. See you soon for KP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mrs Becker! Time to share your talents with other little kids.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!