Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy 7th Birthday, Jack!

Dear Jack,
Yesterday you turned 7! And I need to be honest...we did not come through with a party...or even a cake...and this morning you told me that we forgot to sing "happy birthday" to you. I felt like a terrible mom. Holy cow. Who does that?

First of all, I am sorry that you were born so close to the holidays. I feel your pain. January birthdays get the raw end of the deal...mainly because everyone is on a "holiday hangover" and no one wants to have yet ANOTHER party. :(

But - we did celebrate you! We went to see the movie SING! as a family...then for dinner we took everyone, plus your friend, Connor, to Dave & Busters. You guys played games, ate dinner, and drank the most sugary drink EVER. We also had presents for you...so I wasn't a COMPLETE parent failure. And I'm making up for it tonight with your favorite meal: Chicken tacos & a guilt-cake from Costco. We.Will.Sing.

Jack - at 7 - you are funny and kind. You love being with family and friends...yet you definitely crave some quiet time to recharge alone. You love a good joke or a prank. Your favorite shows are America's Funniest Home Videos or any prank show that we deem "age appropriate."  You are SUPER creative. You love drawing and singing...but you especially love RAPPING. Straight up, Detroit style.  For Christmas you got a microphone and you use your iPad to create beats...and then make up songs. You have talent and I hope you keep working hard.

On the soccer field you are the BEST teammate! You are encouraging and upbeat...although we've had to tone down the "bossiness" in your voice. You just really LOVE TO WIN. You play hard and you never give up...which is my favorite part of watching you play. You are a natural athlete, but you will be successful because of your innate WANT to do your best. You love ALL sports...especially soccer, baseball, football, and basketball (because deep down you're a Hoosier).

You love your dad SO much. And you watch out for your little sister and your little brother. You are becoming more responsible...and I appreciate your help.

Jack, you have a HUGE heart and a love for animals. I love your inquisitive nature...even though I sometimes feel like the questions will never end.  I hope you always have a need to find out new information and learn new things. It's one of the BEST qualities you can possess as a person.

Happy birthday to the boy who made me a mom. I love you more than words.

XOXO,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!