Thursday, January 19, 2017

Happy Birthday - School is CANCELLED

So - Tuesdays are MY days. They are the ONLY day, all week, when I have a few hours alone. Not even a lot...just a few. I love Tuesdays. And I was SUPER excited that my birthday fell on a TUESDAY this year - because what says "YAY, 35!" more than a pedicure and a solo stroll through Target with a coffee? Nothing.

So at 5:45AM - when I got a phone call...(and then no one was there)...followed by a SECOND phone call at 5:50 tell me that school was CANCELLED - I felt a tinge of "SERIOUSLY, UNIVERSE?!?!?"

We had freezing rain. Yes, the roads were slick...but...ugh. Don't get me wrong - I love my kids. I do. But we had a 3 day weekend. And...well, solo shopping...

I decided I would still go to Target - because I had limited choices. So we ALL went and it was NOT peaceful or enjoyable. But Jack & Josie had some gift cards to use...and I may have found a couple things for myself. Not all bad.
For dinner - we used a Christmas gift from my parents - and ate out as a family at Center Street Grill. We are always the "party" table...and often NOT in a good way. But we had plenty of cheers-ing (yes, I made that a verb) and my kitchen - at home - remained clean.
After dinner - we picked up some mini cupcakes for everyone...including two "pupcakes" for the dogs.

Thankful for this beautiful life or 35 years. Planning on CRUSHING the next 35! Watch out, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!