Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baby-proofing

Last year, around this time, Tyson tried to get our TV put up above the fireplace. We went around & around with a contractor...and finally he said he didn't think he could do it (1917 homes weren't designed for TV's above fireplaces). I was relieved. I wasn't crazy about the idea.

Well, being Tyson...stubborn & persistent...he brought out a new contractor a few weeks ago. And as you can see...our TV is now above the fireplace. None of our wood was touched (thank heavens) - so a potential buyer could take it all down, spackle, paint, and you would never know it was like this.

Tyson's argument for "needing" this was that it would "create more room for Jack." I will admit, that has been the case. Jack is a wild man. He is all over the place in no time flat. Tyson took care of him for most of the day and as I type this - he is asleep on the couch. He admitted over dinner that he can see how an 8 month old could wear me out. Days like this are good for both of us.

More on Baby Proofing:
I stopped at Buy Buy Baby for some outlet plugs and foam corners. I bought two brands of outlet plugs. One was $.99 and the other was $3.49. The more expensive pack is going back. Turns out it is also adult-proof. It took us 10 minutes and a plastic pen to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!