Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goodbye Dear Avalanche




Dear Avalanche,
When I first saw you, I thought you were hideous. I hated your gas milage and I thought you should only be driven by a man.

How is that for goodbye?

You know the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover?" That is a lesson I learned again, as I drove you for the past three years. You had a...different....look, but you were amazing. Let's start with the basics. You were HUGE. When we first got you, we labeled you the WMD (weapon of mass destruction). You were a beast on the road and I felt safe driving you. You stood up well to heavy winds, heavy snow, and a brick pillar that Devin drove you into (sorry about that).

You carried us all over the place. We were given 48,000 miles on our lease and we used 46,600. The dogs loved you (and loved to shed in you). We loved that we could ride comfortably in your cabin, while having your truck bed full (and I mean FULL) of all of our junk. Friends and family borrowed you, to haul goodies of their own. You were loved.

In the past 9 months you have carried some very precious cargo. Jack. Thank you for being sturdy and strong.

I wanted to keep you (and get a new car too). My Dad and Tyson pointed out that I was becoming a car hoarder and I'm simply not wealthy enough to do that. So I let you go. Have fun with your new life, your new family. You will be missed (especially this weekend when Tyson is tailgating).

Love,
Kady

PS: I hope they let you live in a garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!