Friday, October 15, 2010

Hired!

It's official. I'm going back to work. At least for three months. I interviewed today for a first grade maternity leave and I was offered the job on the spot. I thought about waiting to let them know...talking things over with Tyson, etc. But then I realized that if I thought about it too much, I would say no. Because who can look into Jack's big blue eyes and say "I'm going to leave you with someone you don't know." I cried in the interview. (and yes, they still hired me) I am emotional about this...as I know MILLIONS of moms are and have been.

Something clicked during the interview. The principal and the teacher both told me that I had come recommended by not only the principal I worked for, but also the teachers I had worked with. There is something about receiving acknowledgement from your peers...people you trust and admire. I knew that I needed to take advantage of this (rare) opportunity. Teaching jobs in Michigan are almost literally one in a million. I'm hoping this is my last long-term position EVER. I'm hoping this leads to the full time job I have been waiting for...for almost three years.

I hope I can pull myself together. I know Jack will survive daycare and will probably even enjoy playing with other kids all day. I know I'm not a bad mom for going to work. But I might become a bad blogger. Forgive me.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It'll probably be hectic, and you'll probably also have fun. - Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kady! You will be fine I know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! that's amazing you got offered on the spot, and got those compliments! like you said, teaching jobs are hard to come by, so that's a great opportunity! I've been in your shoes, so I'm here if you need support or someone to cry to! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kady- You'll do a great job and Jack will be fine!! Congratulations! love, sally

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!