Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cinderella

 We found these adorable pink slippers sitting outside our house. Jack was sure they belonged to Cinderella.
 He tried them on Cooper . . . too small.
 He tried them on Tucker . . . WAY too small.
He tried them on himself . . . couldn't even fit his big toe in them. 

WHO COULD THEY BELONG TO? WHO WAS THE CINDERELLA?

 Aha! They belong to his new baby SISTER! See how she's shaking her fist at him? "Give me back my pink shoes, Jack!"

We are beyond excited to welcome a baby girl in December . . . or November, whenever she decides to come is fine! The ultrasound tech said that everything looked great and measured perfectly. The only problem was our baby girl didn't want to cooperate for a picture of her heart. She had her head up by my ribs and she was facing my spine, so I have to go back in a week for another ultrasound. But that only means more pictures of her and more time to watch her dancing around in there!

So - why did I decide to find out?
1) I haven't felt as "connected" to this pregnancy as I did when I was pregnant with Jack. We had a scary first ultrasound (everything turned out fine, obviously), but I was afraid to get too attached. Plus, Jack leaves little time to daydream about the baby. I wanted to feel connected and I thought this would be the way to do it.

2) I knew our families really wanted to know. I also knew the joy our families felt would be just as HUGE when the baby arrives...regardless of gender.

3) Tyson wanted to know. He revealed this last night.

Bottom line - I'm glad we know. Nancy has probably already made a trip to Target and Von Maur. She already mentioned her doll collection . . . which is perfectly fine, except I refuse to allow the creepy dolls into my house. (Aunt Kim knows what I'm talking about!) For those who don't know - Nancy has a very large doll collection and they used to be in their guest room. When Tyson and I were dating, and I stayed in the guest room, the creepy dolls (with floppy, wonky eyes) would scare the bejeezus out of me! I would throw towels over their heads, so they couldn't look at me when I was sleeping!

So - there you have it. IT'S A GIRL! 

And for the record, her name will NOT be Jill, or Jillian, or Jaclyn . . . We do love all of those names, however, kids still read nursery rhymes and I will not have my children be the butt of jokes throughout school.

8 comments:

  1. We love you - thank you for sharing with everyone .....good thing we all know what gender the baby will be - we can start Christmas shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond. Excited. (So is Jan Monforton and Greta Norton)
    Also, I have an extensive doll collection, though not of a scary variety. It helps that Jan works at the Doll Hospital. Pay her a visit.....she'd be super pumped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO SO SO excited for you guys & big brother Jack! Can't wait to shop for a baby girl for once!! :) ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! Get ready to wrestle her into tights, dresses, and hairbows! Think pink, pink, pink...resistance is futile. I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I bet Jack can't wait for another playmate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy to know that the baby is fine and that Jack now knows that he will be a BIG BRO to a sister he will have to watch over, just like his mother watched over her little brothers. Kady was so protective of Joe and Jon UNLESS of course she was fighting with me. We will be anxiously awaiting this little girl with lots of pink and white, polk dots and bows, etc. Jack we love you so much and can't wait to love her also. Grandma Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sydney is sooooooo excited!

    And I COMPLETELY agree with you on the doll issue. Had to speak to several of my own family members about it as they were wanting to bring them in our home. NO WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to hear, It's s girl!! Congrats!! Take care. Eastern Greene Family Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!