Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tough Decisions

No one ever said that being an adult was easy. I realized that yesterday more than ever before. I got the job offer I'd been waiting on. Yes! It was exciting and I felt as sense of reward - FINALLY. But then I heard the pay. Three years ago - pre-children, I would have taken the job in a heartbeat. Today is a different story. I have a toddler and another on the way. The cost of childcare is UNBELIEVABLE and the fact that I would be paying someone else such a large amount of my own paycheck to watch MY children - while I "watched" other people's children (and made peanuts) . . . didn't seem worth it. I've cried. I've been angry and frustrated. But the bottom line is - we chose to have a family. I chose to be an educator. And at this moment (with that offer) those two choices can't co-exist.

I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

  1. Cooper and Tucker are thankful they have a stay at mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to be back on the blog. The Mosi really miss the Beckers! Anyway, I totally understand what you are saying. You are an amazing mother and teacher so either way the kids will win. Tough decision but you know there will always be another job, especially when we all move back to Bloomington in 20 years ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!