Saturday, August 20, 2011

Baby Girl Becker

Our baby girl is a busy lady - kicking away in my belly and reminding me that she is getting bigger & stronger. She'll be here before we know it.  This pregnancy is flying. I have an app on my iPhone that tells me how far along I am and how many more weeks/days I have left.  Every time I look at it - I'm in shock.

Baby Girl is unnamed. Although we have discussed many options - Tyson and I are having a difficult time deciding on a name we both like.  Jack Dyer was named almost the second we heard Aunt Kim say it at the lake. This poor baby may lie in a bassinet at the hospital as "Baby Girl Becker." Why are girl names so difficult for us?

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the birth.  I will expand on this later - but I think a second/third/fourth pregnancy brings new perspective to moms. The first time around I was scared and I trusted my doctors to make the best decisions for me & the baby.  This time around I know what's coming and I trust my body. I know I want more control in the delivery room.   (again, more on this later)

Finally, before I realized I was pregnant I became obsessed with apple juice.  I would swipe Jack's Motts from the fridge and pour myself a tall glass for my drive to work. My love affair with apple juice continued through the first trimester and then eventually died off.  However, in the last week or so, I have found that I can't eat enough apples! I try to limit myself to one a day. I just hope my cravings carry into the fall because Michigan has some great apple orchards, cider mills, and cider mill doughnuts! Yummm.

I have my 24 week appointment on Tuesday and I will have a growth ultrasound then, as well. They are closely monitoring this pregnancy to ensure she is growing as she should. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!