Monday, April 25, 2011

Mommy's Rules

Sorry - no picture of the little man today. It was a LONG day for everyone and 10 minutes after dinner was finished, Jack was off to bed.

Jack is learning that Mommy has rules - and he doesn't like them. Today, at the grocery store, my rule was: "No standing up in the cart." It's fairly simple and easy to understand. I'm sure the readers out there would agree that it seems like a reasonable enough rule. Jack, would like to disagree.

And disagree he DID.

He yelled, screamed, cried (huge alligator tears), arched his back, kicked his feet... He even threw his crackers at me. It was an all out temper tantrum and I was embarrassed. People stared at me, laughed at him, and some women (bless them) gave me the "I-totally-understand" look. And by the time we checked out - the entire store knew we'd been there. I had to ask a kind lady to push my cart, because Jack was trying to wriggle out of my arms as we left the store.

After a fight to get him into his carseat and blood-curdling screams as I loaded the groceries, we headed home. Within three minutes, my backseat passenger was laughing, clapping, and waving at passing cars. Classic case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little Jack.... I feel for you sweetie! I know you just wanted to get out and run and that bad mommy wouldn't cooperate. I feel for you but I also know how your mommy feels, because she did the EXACT same thing to me in the store....and at the zoo.... when you get older I will show you how she threw a fit at the zoo when we put her in her car seat. Sounds like you, Jack, have a lot of your mother in you. Love you, Grandma Shirlee

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!