Tuesday, March 20, 2012

HELP WANTED

I'm at my wits end with Jack. He woke up today around 6am and made his way downstairs... So that's problem #1. A toddler roaming through the house unattended - never good. A Jack roaming through the house unattended - HORRIBLE! So I put a childproof door handle on the inside of his room.

As I type - he is rattling the handle. He won't stay in his crib and I've had enough.  Tyson seems to think he is ready for a toddler bed/twin bed - but I'm not so sure. I have a feeling he will never stay in bed and everyone will lose sleep.

We ordered a new video monitor - that we will be able to view through our iPhones. Awesome technology, but still not a solution to keeping him IN his bed.

I found this on Amazon:
...and I am seriously considering ordering it. It's not safe for him to be able to climb out of the crib all the time. And it's especially not safe for him to be out of the crib unattended. Moms - PLEASE HELP! Your advice is welcome...because I'm not sure how to deal with him. And he definitely needs his sleep.

5 comments:

  1. ACK! We are going to start Lia in a toddler bed, probably next week. She isn't an escapee yet, but we need the crib for the new baby. My MOPS friends suggested a baby gate on the door, baby proofing, and letting her play it out and that she would eventually fall asleep either in her bed or on the floor. Let me know if you figure anything out...I'm hoping Lia will keep being a good little sleeper! Perhaps it's just a dream...

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine were never adventurous, but I have a friend who had success with the crib tent. Wish I could be more helpful!

    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are trying to put my grandson in jail. Just put up a gate and he will fall asleep in his twin bed or on the floor. Please don't put him in this bed with a top.... We think he is just trying to discover ... When he is tired he will fall asleep. Love am-ma am-pa Clevenger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucas has been sleeping on his full-size bed since he was 21 months old, believe it or not! It's not what we wanted, but he wouldn't sleep AT ALL in his crib although he couldn't climb out. To be honest, it was a transition for him as well as for us at FIRST, but now he is on his own. I am not gonna lie, but he DOES get up in the middle of the night a few times a week and walks to my side of bed just to climb in and sleep with us. We have been told that it's common for toddlers to do that once they are out of their cribs; however they DO grow out of the phase EVENTUALLY, which can mean anywhere from a few months to a FEW YEARS... yup you read me right - a FEW YEARS... :) Good luck on your decision, Kady, but keeping Jack in the crib with the top is not a permanent solution. I think it will do the opposite - making him go crazy and making things worse for him and FOR YOU AND TYSON too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't put him in a tent. He needs a toddler bed. Have a graduation party for him, let him help with putting the bed away and setting up the new one. Tell him he is a big boy like daddy. Don't know if will help. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!