Thursday, March 1, 2012

Ar-tist

I won't lie. I want my kids to love and adore art as much as I do. I think kids need to have that creative side, that allows them to express themselves through painting or writing or dance... Since I enjoy painting, I suggested to Jack that we paint one day after his nap. He reluctantly agreed. 
I set up our "work area" - with some Washable Crayola paints, wax paper, an old desk calendar sheet, and some brushes (a toothbrush may or may not have been included). For the record, WASHABLE means it comes out of clothing...it does not mean that it is any less messy, especially when put in the hands of a two year old.
The artist at work. I may have helped...a little. I just can't contain myself. Also, I learned that a toothbrush - to a toddler is only a toothbrush. Never a paint brush. At one point he had blue paint on his lips and teeth. My bad.
A special thank you to "Am-pa" for (unknowingly) letting Jack borrow his t-shirt, to use as a paint shirt. Crossing our fingers that Crayola wasn't lying when they said "washable."
The final masterpieces. Like what you see? These could be yours for the low, low price of a 2028 college tuition!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!