Monday, July 2, 2012

24hr in Metro Detroit

Tyson had a business trip to Metro Detroit today, so I tagged along to see all my Michigan buddies {& Jack's besties}. Last night we had a quick visit on West Street with the Nanna girls and spied on our old home. I won't lie…I cried a little. Then we enjoyed a delicious meal at Bastone with three {and a half} Jakobsens. No surprise, I ate more than my share of pretzel breadsticks...
This morning, after Starbucks with my teaching buddy Erin - Brooke, Molly, and I went to visit Christina & Lucas…and I met sweet baby Chloe! I surprised Christina - which was SO fun! I didn't want to miss seeing Chloe as a tiny baby…because, well, tiny babies turn into 21lb seven month olds in a flash! Did I mention that Chloe was perfect? Perfect.
Jack's buddies - Lucas and Molly - wondered where he was…{he was at the Fort Wayne Zoo - convincing both of his grandmas to let him ride the ponies & the train & the carousel}. These two tots are getting SO big! I miss seeing them growing up!
I also managed to visit my old friend, Joe {aka: Trader Joe}. And I stocked up on all the delicious foods we miss!

It was a perfect - yet WAY too quick - trip. We were {and still are} lucky to have met such wonderful people up there! I'm already thinking about my next TWO…actually, THREE... trips back up… Ikea, apple cider doughnuts, and another visit with a newborn {due in December}! 

Miss you {already}, Mitten.

3 comments:

  1. I told you the High Five State is amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the best summer surprise!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nanna girls enjoyed seeing you. West street isn't the same without Syd's buddy(ies)!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!