Thursday, July 12, 2012

What's Been Going On?

I'll admit, my blogging this week has been sub-par. I'm just preparing all of you for the school year…because I can't commit to being a top notch blogger, while trying to be a mommy, wife, & teacher. I will try, but no promises.

Anyway - here is what has been going on:

First and foremost - WE HAVE AIR CONDITIONING! They fixed it today and we have it pumping full blast. Our thermostat reads 76 - so you know I'm happy!

Secondly - we have the kiddos enrolled in "an academy of learning" (aka: Daycare). It's a pretty  amazing place and I'm confident it will be an awesome fit for this year. Jack will get a pre-school setting 5 days a week and Josie will get to meet & eat with other babies her age. It will be a tiny hike for me - about 15 minutes there & then 15 minutes to school. But I'm thankful this is crossed off my list because I was stressing. PS: During my hunt I discovered that nannies want to make more than public school teachers - which doesn't quite seem right, considering I am a public school teacher. That option got vetoed pretty quickly.

Moving on…
We've had very little of THIS:
Not interested in the potty. Often "assaults" the potty.
But a lot of THIS:
Loves eating. Wears prunes as eye shadow.
And if you follow sports then you may already know this…the Espy's were last night. We tuned in (of course) and saw two of our favorite athletes win awards!
Congrats to IU's Christian Watford for winning an Espy for "Play of the Year" - I'm sure you all remember his 3 pointer that upset #1 Kentucky in December. I love that they showed it during the ceremony…and I love even more than Calipari & Davis were forced to watch it again.

The Lions QB & our Royal Oak neighbor, Matthew Stafford, won for Comeback Athlete of the Year. I love him. And he gave a pretty sweet speech complete with a shout out to the D. Have I mentioned that I love him?

Finally - today is my Dad's birthday! Jack called and sang "Happy You You" to him earlier - but we hope he has a GREAT day! Love you {more than Stafford}, Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!