Sunday, July 1, 2012

Freaky Friday

Yeah - that's our playset on the ground! Friday started out pretty normal. My mom came over around eleven to swim with us and we ate lunch around one. By 2 I had the kids (& my mom) down for a nap. I jumped in the shower and when I got out - I noticed that the wind had picked up quite a bit. Looking out over the backyard I scanned the sky. Dust & debris were swirling through the air and then a huge gust of wind leveled the playlet and sent our patio furniture flying. I bolted upstairs {still in my towel}, screamed for my mom to get Josie and I scooped up Jack. We spent a half hour in the basement until the stormed died down.

I'm not usually afraid of storms, but I was really scared on Friday. I think being a mom makes situations like that a bit more frightening.

Later, we discovered that we also lost a shutter. And though the playlet could be repaired {if we knew how to repair it}, we will probably get a brand new playset…because Tyson & I are suckers…and we know our kids will use it for years to come. FYI - we conferred with neighbors today {many of whom also lost playsets/grills/trampolines} and we all agreed that a twister definitely went over our houses. We're all pretty knowledgable in the field of meteorology, so you can trust us.
After the storm mayhem, the Carstens came over for Friday Night Pizza and brought Maddox & Jace's three cousins along, too. Josie said, "Emily Maynard - you don't have anything on me!" She felt like the Bachelorette {minus the roses, but with her older brother tagging along}.
Josie showed off her jumping skills for the boys and I'm pretty sure they were impressed with her chubby strong legs! {Can't you tell? They were paying so much attention to her…}
 Jack assessed how each potential Bachelor built using his blocks.
But in the end - the final rose went to Jace. We predict they will be future prom dates. Jace is so sweet to her - always giving her hugs & kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!