Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Early Parenting

After being SO excited that our Baby Boy was already "in position," I realized I had spoken too soon. Last night I felt really strong hiccups right under my sternum. Little booger.

I decided to try to stand on my head, because I heard it can flip a breech baby. I leaned over the edge of the bed - head on the floor, butt in the air. Once I felt like I might pass out, I sat back up and decided that maybe a good solid "Clevenger Lecture" was in order. (For those who don't know, Clevenger's excel in giving lectures, it's just in our genes) I pulled out my stern voice and said, "Listen kid, mama is NOT happy that you have flipped yourself around. You need to figure out how to get back in position, because I am NOT having a C-section. So, flip. Now."

Tyson, lying next to me, must have thought I was being harsh. "Let me try," he piped. "Hey, little guy - it's your Dad. Your mom is mad that you flipped around. You need to try to go back the way you were, okay buddy? Love you. (kisses belly)"

Can you tell who the disciplinarian will be in our family?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!