Wednesday, December 30, 2009

God must think I'm hysterical

I'm a planner. I love having a set of plans and seeing them carried out perfectly. I'm a control freak, too. I don't deal well with change or ambiguity.

When I got pregnant - I sat down and figured out Baby Becker's exact due date. January 26, 2010. That is a Tuesday. It is also Tyson's cousin Billy's birthday. "Great," I thought, "A perfect day for a baby!" I committed to teaching until January 7th, because let's face it - I WILL FEEL FINE! And after the 7th I will have plenty of time for nesting and tying up last minute items. I may even squeeze in a prenatal massage and a pedicure! God must have been laughing at me. He must be thinking, "Really, Kady? Do you know who you're up against? Stop making plans!"

Well, He wins.

Today, the nurse called to inform me that we are scheduled to go in for an induction on January 7th at 7:30pm. Of course, I cried. I tried talking the nurse into moving it back a week...but she told me it's up to the doctor. My well-laid plans have been foiled. So much for that prenatal massage.

It seems you COULD be meeting Baby Becker on January 8th. Of course, just as I say that - my water will break and he'll come tomorrow... And once again, God will have the last laugh.

2 comments:

  1. oh Kady, hang in there sister! At least you know ahead of time to be prepared for him to come early! macy (my little one) decided to come at 36 weeks on her own. And she was only 4lbs. 15.5 lbs and perfectly healthy. So don't worry yourself about weight. they put it on fast. Everything will be great. Just remember that after he comes, all schedules go out the window for a while. : ) You'll do perfect and be a perfect mom! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kady and Ty- Some little guys just decide that they want to meet mommy and daddy early and it looks like little Becker is going to do just that. I think he and Elliot have communicated and Elliot told him what fun it is to see your entire family surprised, really surprised, by your arrival and said, "Hey, Becker Baby , give it a try!! Get those Grandmas' heart rates up!!"( also gets great-aunts in a a twitter too!). Nuala will roll her eyes and in a very lady-like manner inform her two impetuous cousins that "it just isn't polite to arrive early"..but what do the guys care...it is a big and interesting world..let's get at it!!! love you , Aunt Sally

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!