Tuesday, May 11, 2010

4 month Wellness Visit

Today was Jack's 4 month Wellness Visit with Dr. R. We love her. Of course, Virginia was there and she was very nice...except for the two shots she gave him. She sucked up to him by giving him some liquid Tylenol - he loved the cherry flavor and was all smiles when he was done. Then she gave him a liquid form of a shot, that babies drink. It's sugary and tasty, so he loved that too. Then - stinky, old Virginia gave him TWO shots, one in each leg. He was NOT happy with her when she was finished. He really gave her a piece of his mind.
Not a fan of visiting the doctor.
There he is - 14.11 lbs and 24 1/2 inches long! His head is still on the small side...16in. But Dr. R thinks it will catch up between 6-9 months. She was very happy with his physical and social well-being. He cooed and smiled at her a lot (which I appreciated). I admitted that he rolled himself off the couch and she told me to "be more careful." Yes, thank you...I will.

We discussed his sleeping patterns at night. He goes to bed around 8:30pm and gets me up between 3:00 - 4:00am for a feeding. She thinks he is doing this out of habit. But she recommended that we give him a little rice cereal before bed. She also suggested moving him to his own crib...but when I winced - said it was completely up to me. Okay, okay...I'll work on it.
"You want me to eat THIS?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!