Thursday, May 6, 2010

Coupon Update

So - in my first attempt at "saving some money" at the grocery store - I'm pretty proud of my efforts. (I'm not up to Gina's caliber yet, but she's what Coupon Mom calls a "Varsity Shopper" and I'm just a "Rookie".)

We are heading to the lake for the weekend and I wanted to get some food, so we can cook there. We used to frequent Dave's Lake Shack (sounds awesome, huh?) - but Mr. Jack is not allowed in bars (in Indiana)...so cooking at home will be a better option. Anyway, I saved a grand total of $16.46 by using coupons and shopping the circular ad for the best deals. My book on the iPad was $12.99 - so I will chalk this up as a WIN. I have a ways to go before I'm up to Coupon Mom's standards (the woman can buy $150 worth of groceries for $.89 - INSANE)...but I usually buy whatever looks tasty and never look at prices. Baby steps.

Here are some websites Gina shared with me:
www.thekrazycouponlady.com
www.myfrugaladventures.com
www.commonsensewithmoney.com

Coupon Mom:
www.couponmom.com

Do you have any money-saving advice?

1 comment:

  1. Check out www.dealseekingmom.com

    It's amazing!

    :)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!