Monday, March 1, 2010

SMILE?!?!

Even though I spend 24 hours a day with Jack - I was convinced he would smile his first smile at someone other than me. He will probably also crawl, walk, and say "Mama" with someone other than me.

All weekend my mom kept saying, "Oh, I think he just smiled." And I would have to say, "Nope, he hasn't smiled until I see it and THAT will be his FIRST smile." Well, tonight I got my wish. He had just eaten and gotten his diaper changed - definitely a happy time - and I was singing to him and making "mommy faces". Annnnnd - he grinned. It was brief. No more than a second. But I saw it. We had locked eyes...he grinned...I waited for the gas...nothing... My heart melted! Finally, a real smile.

So, from now on...he can smile at whoever he wants. And hopefully I will be able to capture one with the camera soon - so you can see it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!