Friday, December 16, 2011

Sick of Being Sick

I have been a bad blogger and I apologize. We have been infested with germs here ALL week. It started on Monday night, when I realized I had a terrible sinus infection.  I didn't sleep well and vowed to go to the doctor after dropping Jack off at "school."  That afternoon, I got a call from Jack's school - he had woken up with "gunk" in his eyes and needed to go home for the day. Awesome.  So Josie and I headed off to pick up Jack and met Tyson at the pediatrician's office. Jack was diagnosed with an ear infection (yes, they can still get infected with tubes) and conjunctivitis (aka: pink eye) - FABULOUS!

God bless Nancy - she came up to help take care of us. I'm not kidding - I'm not sure how I could have survived the week without her. She wins Grandma/Mom/Mother-in-law of the year for walking into our germ-infested house and doing ALL of our laundry.

In the meantime, poor Jos developed some "gunk" in her eyes - so she has been getting a dose of the pink eye drops, too. Welcome to life with a toddler, Josie. Your brother is germy and he wipes his nose on his sleeve. He's a boy. When you go visit him in college you will be astounded at his living conditions...I promise (and I know from experience).

Good news - Jack seems to be better. Jos, too, for that matter. I am still dealing with lots of sinus pain. My beloved Neti Pot isn't being as magical as I would like.  Hopefully we will all be back to 100% soon.

 Josephine - all wrapped up in a blanket from her Great Aunt Sue.
Jack and Molly enjoying a Christmas treat or a "ho ho ho" as they call it. (it's a chocolate Santa) I can't even find the words to describe how sad we will be to move away from this little girl! She and Jack have been the best of friends since the day Jack was born. I cry when I think about it...so I try not to. Skype dates are a MUST...and that goes for Sydney & Lucas, too!

1 comment:

  1. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content. so happy to find good place to many here in the post. the writing is just great. thanks for the post Norton setup

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!