Sunday, May 6, 2012

Serious problem - need your help

By now I think it's established this is Kady's blog and I am just along for the ride. However, when the blog was created Kady gave me author status so I could write updates when there are events in our life (birth of child) that need documented or solved ASAP. My fellow readers, we are at one of those moments and I need your help. Some of you may remember Jack received a Buzz Lightyear Power Wheel for Christmas.


Jack, going against character, was oddly afraid of this machine and would not press the power button to make it go forward when he was on it. It quickly gathered dust at the Becker household and was all but a lost cause until last week when Grandma Shirlee reintroduced Jack to Buzz the Car (I believe Kady documented this on the blog) and Jack took to it like it was the best toy he has and will ever own. After riding it non-stop for a few days mostly in the house Buzz ran out of juice. Now because Jack had disowned this thing the charger was not at the top of our list on things to keep track of in the move and sadly it's been lost. I took a look at the charging point and of course, it is some proprietary charger that I have no answer for and I was left with either the option to buy a new charger or upgrade Buzz.

I am choosing to upgrade Buzz (choosing upgrade route always a common theme in my life, take after my Dad) and now that I know he loves riding machines I am entering the big leagues and looking at a few 12 volt options with forward AND reverse and two speed settings (seriously, where were these options when I was a kid) but I am torn on which one to purchase. That's where you come in - soon, if not already there will be a survey on the right side of the blog to help me choose the best Super Power Wheel for Jack.  Please vote for the one you like best and that best fits Jack.  He will primarily be using this at the Lake.

Here are the options

Option 1: Red 4-Wheeler


This has "rebel" written all over it and would put Jack in elite status at the lake as he could easily impress all the new ladies around his age down at Brown's Point. It says "I don't care what you think of me" and also "I push it to the limit...always" which may or may not already be Jack's life motto.

Option 2 - John Deere Tractor


Where the red 4-wheeler says "rebel" this baby screams "I'm a practical man" and also "Let me move something for you".  Make no mistake, Jack loves himself some tractors. Most nights he chooses the Tractor pop up book over many other amazing choices such as Mama Mama Mad at Llama and the no word Boy in the Window book which has me racking my brain for a new story each time I read it. Jack even watches a "How are Tractor's Made" poorly produced show on Netflix occasionally so no doubt he would be happy with this guy. The added bonus is this thing comes with a trailer for all of Jack's toys and could be used at the lake/Brown's Point to deliver the parents the adult beverages that are needed when 6 or 7 children are running around here in the next few years.  I also must mention, to be fair to the decision you are about to scrutinize over, this tractor is $50 more the the dare-devil 4 wheeler above so please keep that in mind if you like it better.

Please help me choose and vote now!  I, along with Jack, but maybe not Kady, thank you in advance.

-Tyson

4 comments:

  1. With a Pop that drives only Case, we vote #1! Have fun Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to fix the Poll - so if you voted, you may need to vote again! And also - the "6 or 7" kids Tyson was referring to are our children PLUS friends' children. Just to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyson,

    This is a blog, not a book. Editing is key to readership, a point your wife knows well. That post could have been done in a paragraph tops, with two pictures.

    Also, the tractor.

    Your Brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Devin. One of us was an English Writing Major. And it wasn't me. :) I like the tractor, too. -Kady

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!