Monday, June 25, 2012

Book Worm

I've blogged about some of Jack's favorite iPad apps - but rest assured we spend LOTS of time reading, too. (duh, I'm a teacher) We have made books part of our nap time & bed time routines…and Jack LOVES reading. But sometimes Tyson & I get a little tired of reading the same books over & over & over…

I bought a few new ones for the Becker Library and I thought I'd share them - in case you know some kiddos interested in some new books, too.

(each number is linked to Amazon…my favorite store & favorite place to buy books!)

1 - llama llama misses mama  by Anna Dewdney - all of the "llama llama" books are super cute! I like this one because it talks about how little llama feels when his mom leaves him at school. When we read it we talk about emotions: happy, sad, scared, etc

2 - Tip Tip Dig Dig by Emma Garcia - cute book about construction trucks and the job they do. This book was quickly memorized by Jack and we added hand movements for each truck's job (i.e.: rolling our hand for the road roller)

3 - Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker & Tom Lichtenheld - this book is TOO cute for words! It's an absolute Jack favorite {and I love reading it too}! Each construction truck goes to bed, one by one… Girls would probably like it, too.

4 - Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo by Kevin Lewis - A very cute rhyming book about a train and a little boy's imagination. It ends with the boy going to bed…so that's a good incentive for Jack to do the same {in a perfect world}.

5 - Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Eric Carle - Classic book. We love this book because it reinforces all of the animals we have learned and it also has great rhythm & rhyme. Sometimes I catch Jack "reading" it to himself during nap time.

6 - Down by the Cool of the Pool by Tony Mitton - this book came recommended by Jack's friend Oliver and we are really loving it! It involves animals {yet again!} but they all do different dance moves down by the pool…and then OOPS - they fall in! It's a book that is definitely open to active engagement (wiggle, stamp your feet, etc). I think I might sneak it into my classroom when Jack's not looking!

Hope you & your family get a chance to read these books soon! Let us know what you think!


1 comment:

  1. We love goodnight construction site at our house too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!