Thursday, June 21, 2012

That's Pinterest-ing - Kid Stuff

So this Pinterest post is all about things I've tried…and how they worked. Pinterest is great for new ideas, but sometimes the ideas are total failures {at least in our house}…

Case in point: 
THIS pin is a Pinterest hit…claiming to keep a toddler occupied for "an hour." To that I say - HA! I got all of the supplies ready and set up - thinking to myself, "if Jack really does this for an hour - I can cook dinner…" {I had a skeptical tone, FYI} So, how long did he last?
 about 5 minutes
FAIL!

For Tyson's birthday I wanted to do something to surprise him. I decided to try THIS recipe for Sidewalk Chalk Paint - to paint a message on our driveway. It was very easy…and looked great!
via Pink and Green Mama

I used regular size paint brushes and was really happy with the way it turned out!
SUCCESS!


1 comment:

  1. We did the vinegar and baking soda thing too, only I gave Lia a spoon. She loved dumping spoonfulls of the baking soda into the vinegar. It was super messy, but it did occupy her for about 30 mins. I did have to keep refilling her cups of vinegar because they got too saturated and didn't bubble. The dropper wasn't enough for her to really get the fizzy fun. Not enough action for my busy bee!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!