Monday, June 25, 2012

Visiting Plymouth

On Friday I picked up my Mom in Warsaw and drove over to Plymouth to visit my grandparents & two of my Great Aunts! Our first visit was with my Great Aunt Mary. She's 95 and she's a firecracker. She still drives, loves playing bridge, and is pretty computer savvy (a regular blog follower!). We left her house and I'm happy to report that Jack didn't break anything. Phew!
 Grandma & me with Aunt Julia
After a stop at Aunt Mary's house - we went to visit my Great Aunt Julia. She was just sitting down for lunch, but we had a chance to chat with her for a while. Jack and Josie were very popular among the nursing home residents. Surprisingly, Jack kept his "entertaining" to a minimum.
After that visit we went back to Gigi's (grandma's) and enjoyed lunch…and then Aunt Suzie came over with my cousin Justin's kids - Ada & Owen (6) and Elliott (3). Ada was excited to help out with Josie…which was nice because I was off monitoring Jack & Elliott. They beelined for Gigi's exercise trampoline…and, considering that were both in the ER for stitches in the chin within DAYS of one another, I knew I needed to keep a close eye on them. We will see them again in a few weeks. Jack can't wait!
 The rest of our weekend was pretty much spent in the pool…
And last night at dinner - Josephine was so tired she couldn't eat her peaches. Jack was trying to keep her awake by saying, "Jos, no nigh nigh - eat!" And, "Wake up, Jos." No luck. Once her head hit the tray on her high chair - I declared her ready for bed. It was 6:15.

Both kids were up at 6:30am…ready to start the week! We shouldn't have any issues adjusting once school starts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!