Thursday, June 28, 2012

That's Pinterest-ing - Food {Mainly Chicken}

Here is a review of a few recipes I've made from Pinterest.


THIS recipe for Pesto Cream Penne & Chicken was pretty great! I added some artichoke hearts, because I had them and I love them. We had a lot of pasta left over, so we ate it for lunch over the weekend - still great! Two thumbs up!
THIS was called "Man Pleasing Chicken" and was {surprisingly} made with Dijon Mustard & Maple Syrup. I was intrigued, but not that impressed with the outcome. I did use the leftovers to make a chicken & noodle casserole - and that was WAY better than normal, thanks to the added flavor on the chicken. Would I make it again? Probably not…unless I wanted to make an extra tasty Chicken & Noodle casserole.

{I am noticing that I make a lot of chicken…as I type this.}
THIS was a recipe for Beer Chicken that is made in the Crockpot {or as my Dad calls it - the "Crap" Pot…I will not elaborate}. I have a {not so} secret love affair with my crockpot and I have a feeling that "working mom" Kady is going to use it A LOT…so prepare yourself, husband. Anyway - Beer Chicken - tasty! I love that I had all of the ingredients in my fridge and most likely will always have them on hand - no beer shortage here. It's definitely a "go-to" recipe!
{YES, yet another chicken recipe} These Chicken Ranch Tacos were recommended by my friend Kelly Wright. She didn't disappoint. They were AWESOME! I made them for Tyson's birthday celebration with Nancy & Denny - and we all really enjoyed them! Actually Tyson told me I could make them once a week and he'd be okay with it. Again, it's a crockpot recipe (Ready? Chicken breasts, one dry packet of Ranch, one packet of taco seasoning, one can of chicken broth - cook on low 3 hr then shred, cook for another 30 minutes)…but you can also adapt for the stove and that recipe is HERE.

Okay - now for a couple desserts:
THESE were called Cake Batter Blondies. I made these for Tyson's birthday, too. Less impressive than the tacos. To be fair - I may have over-cooked them. I believe one of my children distracted me…which never happens {false}… If you try these and like them, let me know - because I haven't ruled them out yet.

Finally - the Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. THIS recipe is usually my favorite. I {unfortunately} made them with whole wheat flour and they didn't taste as good as they normally do. I'm all for whole wheat…but not in my cookies. They tasted "healthy" and you all know how I feel about "healthy" desserts. Try it. You'll like it. {Yo Gabba Gabba, anyone?!?!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!