Thursday, February 13, 2014

Give a "Like"

If you love dogs, like Clevengers love dogs - then this post if for you! My Dad's company is doing a fundraiser for the Kosciusko County Animal Welfare League. For each "Like" Dad's company gets on Facebook - they will donate $1 toward the AWL's fundraiser to build a new shelter. AND - another donor has offered to match their donation - so each "Like" is really worth $2! Facebook users go HERE and give Clevenger Insurance a "Like." The fundraiser ends 2/21.
The AWL holds a special place in our hearts. In 2004, right after I moved home from college (and in with my parents) - we had to put our dalmatian, Freckles, down. It was a sad, sad day.  Being 22 and pretty carefree - I took it upon myself to go to the shelter and find my parents a new dog. Did I consult with them on this decision? No. My family was sad, but my family can't be without a dog in the house...and I knew what I needed to do. I needed to pick out a new dog. Except to my surprise - a dog picked ME! I took a black lab mix from his cage, walked him outside and sat in a chair to watch him.  He played, but came back to me for a pet, then he climbed into my lap. And that was that.

I called my mom, she agreed to go to the shelter and meet him - which for Shirlee means we'll be taking him home. My dad was now the only one who wasn't in on the plan. We pulled up, the dog jumped out, my dad shook his head, he hooked the dog up to a leash and took him on a walk. We named him Hogan and the rest is history.  I should add that he has been referred to as "the best dog ever" on more than one occasion.

Tyson and I adopted Cooper from a shelter in Cleveland. Joe & Gina adopted Ellie Mae (Hanky's sister) from the AWL. We love our shelter dogs! Thanks for taking a second to help this cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!