14 hours ago
Saturday, February 22, 2014
We Have NEWS
Here is what I can tell you:
- Josie wants NOTHING to do with the baby. If I'm holding a baby, she gets upset. We have some work to do. She's a mama's girl.
- Jack has been asking some VERY interesting questions. First he thought the baby would come out my feet. No. Then he thought maybe my mouth. No. He thought aloud the belly button might be an option...but has since settled on "a red door." I'm currently pleading the 5th.
- I haven't had any cravings or aversions (except whatever I am cooking for dinner). I ate a lot of oranges at first. Oh - actually Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans have been a permanent fixture in my diet. Not a lot, just a few a day. I liken them to my daily prenatal vitamin, except they don't make me gag and they're delicious.
- This baby will be born at the University of Michigan Women's Hospital. I am using a midwife and will deliver at the birthing center. I'm pretty excited about it...well, as excited as one can be when delivering a baby. I think it's a great fit for my ideal birth plan...let's just hope the baby cooperates.
- This baby will most likely NOT have a "J" name. We do have a few "J" names we both like, but I'm doubting we end up choosing one. We are not the Duggar family.
More info to come. With the winter we've had so far - August seems REALLY far away, but I know it will be here SO fast. We are excited (and a little scared) about this new journey. As we all know, Zone Defense is HARD for Hoosiers.