Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Never Will I Ever...

Judge a woman walking through Target with a pant-less toddler when it is well below zero outside.  Why? Because I was THAT woman last week. Oh yes, Josie was pant-less as we strolled through the aisles of Target. I got some looks. I knew what people thought and I didn't really care. Here is why: Poop happens. Unfortunately for Jos, it happened in a real bad way as we were enjoying some beverages at the store's Starbucks.
I scanned my purse. Phew! I had BOTH wipes and a diaper (which may not seem like a big deal, but I have been caught without them on more than one occasion - which was an epic mom fail). We went to the bathroom and that's where all hell broke loose. Poop was everywhere and by everywhere - I mean, it got on the sleeve of my coat and shirt...all over Josie and the changing table. Awesome. We made the decision to abandon the pants - because we ARE in Target and we can buy a new pair. It took me about 20 minutes to get everything cleaned up. I apologized to anyone who happened to come into the bathroom while this was going on. They were all older ladies who claimed to "remember those days." I also reported our debacle to Guest Services...because reinforcements were needed. And then we went shopping. (And pretended nothing happened)
As we left, my sleeve still smelled like poop. But Josie got new pants and we headed home to do laundry.

So next time you see a lady with a pant-less child in public - don't be so quick to judge. Perhaps she just spent 20 minutes of her life cleaning up infant/toddler poop...  Also - don't get too close. Poop happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!