Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend was our first "official" lake weekend - with a new pier and the boat/jet ski in - it was tons of fun!
Grandpa Denny was "babysitting" Josie on Saturday morning.
 The lake was pretty chilly...but it didn't stop the kids (or the pregnant lady) from swimming.
Saturday afternoon the kids and I ran down to Fort Wayne to celebrate Greta's 3rd birthday! She had a fun party - with a BOUNCE HOUSE and some delicious food! The Printed Poppy made her decorations...so I snapped some pics. Unfortunately, I was too busy eating to snap any pictures of Greta or my kids. They were having fun, trust me.
On Sunday my parents came up for lunch and a few hours at the lake.  Tyson grilled out for us and Grandma Shirlee made some sides. My dad provided the "beverages" - which Tyson claimed "were very strong."
Sunday afternoon we ran down to Brown's Point to see the Dixon family. Josie, Maddie, and Ethan were all born within a few weeks of each other. It was toddler chaos. Neither of my kids had napped, Josie didn't feel like wearing a bathing suit (surprise, surprise)...and before we went home for bed - we stopped at Zestos. Josie REALLY enjoyed her Zestos!
Overall, such a fun weekend and after the brutal winter, I feel like the great weather was MUCH deserved. We are looking forward to a lot of lake weekends this summer!

1 comment:

Leave some LOVE!