Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lack of Brain Cells


"It's official - my mom has lost it."
As you may or may not know, babies "steal" various things from their mothers while in utero.  Calcium, nutrients, sleep, and apparently - brain cells.  I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind.

I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for 8:30am today. I was up early, showered, dressed, with Jack's lunch packed, and the little man was ready to go to school.  As you can see above - he was also fed. {Bonus!}

We walked out to the car and I realized I didn't have my key fab (no actual keys for my car, the fab unlocks & starts it).  I ran back inside and looked in the "key drawer." Nothing. I scoured the kitchen countertop, dining room table, then ran up the stairs to my closet to check my pants pockets from yesterday. I started to feel the panic. I called my doctor's office and rescheduled my appointment. Then I called Brooke to see if she could take Jack to school. "Sure! Then I'll come back and help you look for your keys. I can bend down to look under the couch better than you can," she said.

The couch. Hmmmmm. Haven't looked there. Couch cushions and dog hair flew.  Nothing. I grabbed Jack's plastic putter - and start taking swoops underneath the couch. {plastic golf ball, plastic golf ball, plastic easter egg, stale Nilla wafer} On my last swoop - out flew -  MY CAR KEY!!! (and another plastic golf ball)

It's a good thing I rescheduled my appointment! I surely would have been admitted for "high blood pressure." And thanks to Brooke for the couch suggestion . . . otherwise I'd still be looking . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!