Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Articles Worth Reading

Having a newborn allows me to enjoy an hour of productivity around 4am everyday. Unfortunately that productivity comes in the form of reading online and not doing laundry. I have been meaning to share some articles I have read. Most are about Motherhood or parenting, so if they aren't your cup'o'tea - I'm not offended. If you don't have time to read them now, save this post and come back when you do. I promise - they're good!

The first was written by a blogger named Glennon Melton. She wrote it for the Huffington Post. It's hilarious! It's called "Don't Carpe Diem." You can read it by clicking HERE.  It's laugh-out-loud funny...which didn't bode well for Josie's 4am feeding while Tyson was trying to sleep. Seriously, read it!

The next article was from a blog called Brooding. It's called "When Mean Girls Become Mommies." It can be read by clicking HERE. It's about the difficulty moms face in raising healthy, happy children...and how we can often become judgmental of each other & ourselves. A more serious read...but good, nonetheless.

The final article was sent to me from my friend, Kelly (mommy to Madison).  It was written by Simcha Fisher, a mother of NINE, yes, nine children.  The article is called "To The Mother With Only One Child." She reflects on how difficult it was being a mom when she just had one baby. Here is one of my favorite lines from her article: "My husband got to leave the house every day, and sleep every night.  He got to go to the bathroom alone.  I hated him for it." You can read her article by clicking HERE.

That is all for the moment. But don't be disappointed. I have many more 4am feedings ahead of me...and many more online articles to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!