Thursday, February 2, 2012

Zumba

Gina and I have been taking a Zumba class in Warsaw on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. If you haven't heard of Zumba - Google it! It's a great workout! And the best part is - it's fun, so you don't feel like you're working out. Bonus!

Here's the thing. I'm not a spectacular dancer and I'm a perfectionist. That's a bad combo for Zumba class! I focus so much on what my legs/arms/belly/hips should be doing - that I look like a fish out of water. I've resorted to watching YouTube videos to learn the moves. And then I salsa in the living room,. during Jack's nap. See... Perfectionist.

As I said, it is SUPER fun and for a person who hates working out - enjoying it is more than half the battle. I highly recommend it!

As my dear friend Brooke once told me, Zumba is "the only place where you can dance like a hooker and everyone is ok with it." Oh so VERY true!

3 comments:

  1. Brooke will be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO proud! Wow, three days a week, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Kady! I LOVE Zumba too! When you move to the Fort, you & I should go sometime together. I haven't gone in a while b/c Matt has me on a P90X kick, but it is definitely a GREAT workout & so much fun! ~Julia

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!